The deadline for submission of exhibition proposals is on July 31, 2019, at 5:00 PM.
At the heart of its base of operations in Intramuros, the National Commission for Culture and Arts (NCCA) further fulfills its service to the Filipino Visual Arts community by opening its exhibition space known as the NCCA Gallery at the lobby of the NCCA Building in 2009. This was in response to the demands of the vastly burgeoning contemporary art scene in the Philippines.
Dedicated to contemporary arts, the NCCA Gallery is a joint initiative of the National Committee on Art Galleries (NCAG) under the Subcommission on Cultural Heritage and the National Committee on Visual Arts (NCVA) under the Subcommission on the Arts.
Through the gallery, both the NCAG and the NCVA aim to provide young and emerging artists a venue for exposure without curtailing creative exploration and expression. Likewise, established artists will have the opportunity to share their conceptual narratives to the audience and encourage engagements in the arts.
1. Exhibition proposals may be submitted by any Filipino citizen or any group or institution based in the Philippine Exhibition proposals from foreign institutions or groups should be coursed through the NCCA International Affairs Office. These proposals should be made in consonance with a diplomatic milestone celebration, pursuant to an international commitment arising from Philippine membership to international organizations, or to implement the provisions of an executive program of a cultural agreement.
2. Offices within the Commission may submit exhibition proposals as part of celebrations, such as but not limited to, National Arts Month (February), Women’s Month (March), National Literature Month (April), Filipino Food Month (April), National Heritage Month (May), Indigenous Peoples Month (October), Museums and Galleries Month (October), and Library and Information Services Month (November).
3. Officials, employees, and consultants of the Commission and the members of the executive councils of the national committees, including their relatives up to the fourth civil degree of consanguinity or affinity, are prohibited from submitting exhibition proposals.
4. No exhibition proposal may be approved for more than three consecutive years. Following three years of approved exhibition, applicants must wait for a full exhibition cycle before applying again.
1. Exhibition proposals shall be accepted only when these are submitted in writing and with proper supporting documentation, as follows:
🖌️ A cover page containing the exhibit title, name of applicant (individual or group), type of exhibition (solo or group), and contact details;
🖌️ A curatorial brief which shall contain the description and summary of the exhibition, and how the space will be utilized;
🖌️ Artist/s portfolio inclusive of updated bio-data, digital photographs of sample artworks each properly labeled with details, and any previous write-up about the artist/s; and;
🖌️ Statement of the artist/s about the proposed exhibition.
📅 Deadline for submission: July 31, 2019, at 5:00 PM
2. Exhibition proposals received beyond the announced deadline for the submission shall not be considered.
3. All proposals and inquiries shall be submitted to:
NCCA Gallery Secretariat
Cultural Heritage Section, Room 3B, Third Floor
National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA)
633 General Luna Street, Intramuros 1002 Manila, Philippines
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com